Every year, I get super excited about buying a Christmas Tree. This year was no exception. I think I was even more excited than usual because it was Chesson's first time going to pick out a tree. ~ He told me that he thought it was really fun.
I love to put the lights on and decorate the tree. All my life, my parents have given me (and my sister) a Christmas ornament on Christmas Eve. So, I currently have 29 ornaments from them...my dad writes my name and the year on each one. They are all special because each ornament is significant to that year. There is a soccer ball for the year I started soccer, a snorkeler for the year we went to key west, a snowboarded for the year I went to App, a church for the year Corbin and I were married, and so on. Every year, Becca and I would guess what the ornament would be, and we loved the great reveal! Now I have them to hang on my own tree, and it makes decorating the tree a truly special time! I think we'll continue the tradition for Chesson.
3 comments:
I love that ornament tradition. I might just have to steal that! Love the tree pictures as well. Did you get a fat guy?
how fun!!!!! what a great idea. we've been trying to find a baby's 1st Christmas ornament with no luck... what kind of ornament are you getting Chesson?
What a great Christmas ornament tradition! I am with Sunday on stealing that idea...
Post a Comment