Wednesday, January 21, 2009

5 months old

This has been a busy month. Here are few highlights...in no particular order. 1. Chesson is a pro at rolling over, in any direction. Show-off. -- 2. He loves his Jumpster.

3. We visited 3 ophthalmologists, 1 neurologist, 1 oncologist....had a catheter, a brain MRI, and chest x-ray. (If you ever need a specialist, call me....I know some great ones.)

---

4. We learned that Chesson is visually impaired...and then we learned what that means:o)

--

5. We were accepted to the Governor Morehead School for the Blind, and we have a vision therapist that comes to our house each week to help Chesson's eye muscles develop & to help him learn to do things that may come easier to other children. Amazing.

--- 6. He started sitting on his own (using his arms as a tripod) for a few seconds at a time. Adorable.

7. He is thinking about skipping his 3rd nap (yikes).

----

8. Chesson experienced his first snow storm - 4 1/2 inches (or at least Raleigh's version of a snow storm).

11 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

wow you did have quite the month. I am so excited that you guys got accepted into the school, That is wonderful news. I can't wait to see all you have learned. I can't believe we get to see you on Sunday! so excited.

Byerly said...

yippee! i'm excited as well!!

CelebrateTheNest said...

That is the cutest tripod I have ever seen :)

Jennifer said...

All I can say is that the teachers at that school and the vision therapist are going to LOVE that little man! How could they not when he is always so sweet? And thank God you decided to stay home, and that you are able to stay home, so that you can work wiht him too Byerly. If you ever need any help we are only a phone call away.

The Colorado Carrs said...

wow!! how did he grow up so fast!! I am so glad you have been blessed with amazing people to help you teach Chesson. He looks so very happy!!! I love that munchkin.

JTP said...

What an exciting month...watch out right after the tripod comes the "on all fours and rock back and forth" it's soooo cute!!!! Could Chesson be any cuter??? Great news about the schools and all the early intervention stuff. I'm a FIRM believer that the earlier the better- it makes such a huge difference...did I mention he is looking a-dor-able!

nicolefiehler said...

what a month you have had! he is SO cute!

The Burgess Family said...

All is great news! Glad to hear you are able to get some wonderful help to you help him!!! We really learned and understoond what great medical resources we have around us when we were trying to get a diagnosis and a game plan on our first daughter before she passed away... I am so glad that you have been able to tap into those same resources with Chesson! He is such a CUTIE!!!

Jennifer said...

More pictures! More stories! More of Chesson! Come on Byerly, you don't have THAT much to do do you?

Unknown said...

I'm so glad i've found you.
you really had such a crazy month last month. I'm so happy that I now can visualize this little one because I got to spend time with him.
you are such a great mom and it was awesome to see how relaxed you were.

Case said...

i'm pretty sure the "tripod" might be the cutest thing i've ever seen! he's gotten so big!!