On Friday night, Chesson and I took the bull by the horns and started rice cereal. I started feeding it to him, and he started eating it (I didn't try any myself). I should use the term 'eating' very loosely. Mostly he just rolled it around in his mouth and spit it back out. But, he seemed to enjoy it, smiling and laughing while he "ate." Since then we've had a bit more success. And, today I think he swallowed more than he spit out! woo-hoo!
Here are a few pictures from our 1st eating endeavor.
This is his 1st time in his high chair. He seems a bit unsure of where he is:o)

He opens his mouth wide each time the spoon comes near him.

The end result was quite a mess, but completely worth it!
6 comments:
ooh, how cute. I can't wait to spoon some in to that cute little mouth!
i love his rosy little cheeks, what a sweet little boy. they crack me up when they eat rice cereal for the 1st time. and how hard is it to take pictures while feeding them.
oh big boy!!!!
I think for the first time I saw his mama in his eyes!! He always looks the spitting image of his daddy!
That is so exciting! We are right behind you I think. Do you just do it once a day?
his cheeks are the cutest...and i'm totally impressed by how well he's sitting up... the last picture is my fav- he looks like I feel after Thanksgiving dinner- "Oh I'm stuffed!" PS- after you try rice for a while try the baby oatmeal- a definite fav around here- yum!
oh and I just realized- he has some HAIR- like tons of it! where did it come from...i feel like all of a sudden he has so much, but maybe it's the angle of the pictures....it's super cute either way :-)
Post a Comment