On Sat, I had a change of attitude towards our winter storm. Saturday morning Chesson woke up with a fever that just kept getting higher. We are, of course, snowed in at our house. By Saturday evening his fever was nearly 104...yikes. Not to mention he was completely inconsolable...tears, tears, and more tears. (Corbin was able to entertain him for a little while, doing some shelf assembly...look at those red cheeks.)
Did I mention we were stuck in our house? I talked with the nurse, we alternated between Motrin and Tylenol through the night. None of us got much sleep. Sunday didn't prove to be any better. By 2pm his fever had spiked to nearly 105. I needed to take some action. Clearly, he was not okay. -- Ah, but the wonderful snow had shut Raleigh down. --- We couldn't find an open urgent care (all closed due to inclement weather). I must have called 10 or more. Finally, my wonderful mother found one in Cary. Deciding it's worth getting on the roads, we headed out. We knew there was an hour and a half wait, but it turns out, if you have an infant with a fever of 105, you get to skip everyone. They saw us right away. Sweet boy has a nasty cold, and his first ear infection. Bless his little heart. Thankfully, he is on the mend. 
4 comments:
glad everyone is feeling a little better this afternoon!! hugs and kisses!!
oh Byerly...that was us last week- 1st earache- poor little guy and poor you- I'm glad he's feeling better....and that you had some cfa
oh how rotten to be stuck inside and unable to get things taken care of when your little boy is sick. I am glad that he is getting better.
WOW!!! 105 I would be flipping out! Glad you found somewhere andthat he is safe and sound.
Post a Comment