Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Big Boy

As Chesson is rounding the corner to his 3rd birthday, I can't help but notice how 'big' he is getting. He is really not my baby any more (even though we all know, he'll always be my baby). Recently, Anna Corbin has been getting a lot of face time here, so I thought I'd take a moment to brag on my little man! He is my partner in crime, my helper, the pusher of my patience, the person who can make me laugh the hardest, and the boy I love with all my heart.

This is so huge.....He is able to do things independently for more than a few minutes at a time. These days, painting is a highlight!

He is a negotiator. "Mama, should we have a picnic?"

"Chesson, let's eat inside, it's so hot out there."

"OK, but should we have a popsicle on the porch for dessert?"

I mean really, how can I resist? I cannot!

He LOVES to read. We go to the library every week and pick out about 10 books. He sits at the table in the library and waits for me to bring them to him. He will happily sit there and look at them for half an hour. We usually have to leave because Anna Corbin is tearing the library apart:o) Once we bring the books home, he wants me to read them and read them (the teacher in me cannot refuse this)....by the end of the day, he usually can recall the plot enough to 'read' the stories to himself, me, or anyone who will listen. -- Some children sleep with lovies, Chesson sleeps with books. I guess he reads himself to sleep in the dark. When I tuck him in at night, there are no books in his bed. When Corbin or I go in there to take his paci out, the bed is full of them.

------------

In other news, Mr. Chesson really is potty trained!! We only use pull-ups and naps and bedtime, and he keeps them dry! I'm just too chicken to stop using them. Go Chesson!!!

No comments: