At our follow up appointment, Dr. Enyedi said that Chesson's eyes looked better than she expected after such extensive surgery. Those words were music to my ears. He has two stitches in each eye (below his bottom eye lids) that will dissolve in about 4 weeks. They are a bit itchy, but otherwise just fine. Chesson seems to think that food will cure his itchy eyes. At almost every meal he asks me, "Do grapes (or whatever food he's eating at the moment) help itchy eyes?" Precious boy. I just ask him to tell me if they help. I mean, I'm pretty sure a Sunkist and some M&M's can cure anything that's ailing me. Maybe food does the same thing for him;o)
 |
| His eyes look SO much better. The redness is fading! |
It's been a week and a half. I stand truly amazed. Chesson can look straight ahead. Straight ahead! I feel giddy, and humble, and grateful that Chesson has had this surgery. I want to soak in this feeling. It's pure happiness. I want to dig my feet in and plant roots. Of course, I know I can't stay in this moment forever. Life will move forward, as it should, but man oh man....I want to treasure this moment, this feeling, today......
 |
| Just doing a little dance for the camera. |
Today is a happy day!
No comments:
Post a Comment