Friday, August 30, 2013

This is our life....

People keep asking us, "How is it going?"  We smile and say, "It's going well."  And it is going well, but that does not mean that we have it all together.  We - do - not!  



This is usually what my house looks like (in all fairness, it would be a great place to play I Spy).  Today, as I was stepping through the mine field that is my living room, I couldn't help but laugh.  In my head I know it's not difficult to pick this stuff up and put it away....but, in my reality there it stays.  And to be honest, if  I pop open a sunkist and grab a cookie the mess really won't bother me.;) 

Leggos, board games with little pieces (that I'm sure we will never find all of), new birthday presents, and dress up clothes cover our playroom floor.  Long ago, before I had kids, I was sure that it wasn't difficult to get them to clean up one mess before they made another.  Ha!  Now, we just clean up the play room once a week or so and call it done.  I mean, it's a play room for pete's sake....we really do play in it.  

So folks here's the truth, we're doing well and we're a hot mess all at the same time.  This is our life.  (friends be warned, i may not clean up one thing before you come over...i will offer you a sunkist and a cookie though)




No comments: