Hang on to your hats folks because this post isn't really about the kids. And let me tell you, I am not one bit offended if you stop reading right this second. Those two are clearly the most redeeming factor about this blog. But, this post is all about ME!
I've wrestled with what "living in community" really is....what makes it real or authentic? And more importantly, do people just hang out with me because they feel sorry for me? :o) And also more importantly, how can I get to know people well without really letting them know what a nut case I am? For real....it gets dicey in this head of mine. I'm not sure the general public can handle it.
See I was serious when I said this wasn't about the kiddos.
Good news though, I have found a solution to all my community problems.....find friends that are as crazy as you. Yep, you heard it here. I think I've done it. Our community group had family dinner last Sunday night (as we do once a month). And out of nowhere.....this happened. Captain Community and Soul Sista came running out throwing candy. And, these two were never even on YL staff. C'mon. You're jealous! Admit it.
My first reaction.....why didn't I think of that? And how can I do it next time? Followed immediately by....Oh my goodness, I love these people. Not, that 'oh i just love you, bless your heart' kind of love....no, no, no, 'a deep down, I hope I know all these people for the rest of my life, and I don't even care if they really know how crazy I am' kind if love. And, that my friends, is the definition of community (in my very humble opinion). I know there are countless books on what community is and how to make it work. But, I've decided not to investigate it any further and I'm going to stick with the above definition.
![]() |
| community can also look like this. |
![]() |
| and here is a more normal picture of community - you know, if you're into normal |
I am so so so thankful for this group of people who love me just the way I am!!! I.Love.Y'all!



No comments:
Post a Comment